Court Records

DUI Offenses

It is the defendants responsibility to complete all Court Ordered treatment programs and pay all court costs and fines in full before a driver's license can be restored. For further information, please call 412-350-6066.

Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition (ARD)

First time offenders are given a 30, 60, 90, 120, or 180 day driver’s license suspension. At the present time, ARD-related driver’s license suspensions are handled by the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT).  PennDOT will notify the defendant when and where to turn in his/her license when the suspension starts. The only suspension that the court handles is the 180-day ARD. It is the defendant’s responsibility to complete all court-ordered treatment programs and to pay all court costs in full. When these have been completed, it is the defendant’s responsibility to notify the Department of Court Records, Criminal Division to have his/her license restored.

Plea Disposition Quickly (PDQ)

If the defendant violates the ARD program or is a multiple offender, the PDQ program may be available. The defendant’s driver’s license will be suspended from the day of the hearing.  Credit toward the suspension will not be given until jail time is completed. Act 151 stipulates the defendant’s license will be suspended approximately one (1) year per case. It is the defendant’s responsibility to notify the Department of Court Records, Criminal Division when all court-ordered treatment programs are completed and all court costs are paid. The Department of Court Records, Criminal Division will then notify PennDOT to restore the defendant’s license.


Recently, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania enacted Act 63 of 2000, Ignition Interlock Act, which requires, in many instances, an interlock device to be placed upon the vehicle of a defendant who has been found guilty of a DUI offense. This interlock system requires the defendant to blow into a device attached to the vehicle before he/she is able to drive the automobile.

Individuals convicted in Allegheny County must call the Allegheny County Ignition Interlock Services to have the ignition interlock device installed.

Allegheny County Ignition Interlock Services
5300 Perry Highway
Pittsburgh, PA 15229
(412) 931-6107

Listed below are programs the defendant can contact, if the defendant is required to attend a court-ordered treatment program.

Mon-Yough DUI
500 Walnut Street
McKeesport PA 15132
(412) 675-8511

Mercy Behavioral Health
1200 Reedsdale Street
Pittsburgh PA 15233
(412) 442-1974

Alternatives DUI
70 South 22nd Street
Pittsburgh PA 15203
(412) 488-6446

Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic
Alcohol Highway Safety Program
3501 Forbes Avenue, Suite 960
Pittsburgh PA 15213
(412) 605-1598