Nursing Home Alternatives
AAA Aging Waiver Service Coordination Program
The AAA Aging Waiver Service Coordination Program may be available to Allegheny County residents over the age of 60 to enable them to continue to live in their homes and communities with support and services. In order to qualify for Aging Waiver services, individuals must meet eligibility requirements. This includes a level-of-care assessment and a determination of financial eligibility.
There is no cap on the services that Aging Waiver participants receive, no cost sharing and no contributions allowed.
To be eligible for the Aging Waiver, individuals must:
- be a resident of Pennsylvania.
- be a U.S. citizen or a qualified non-citizen.
- have a Social Security number.
- be 60 years of age or older.
- meet the level of care needs for a skilled nursing facility.
- meet the financial requirements as determined by your local County Assistance Office.
For more information visit the AAA Aging Waiver Service Coordination Program webpage.
Long-Term Care CAPITATED Assistance Program (LTCCAP) provides all-inclusive medical and supportive services based at a special day care center. There, a team of healthcare professionals is available to meet the individual’s health and physical needs. Currently, two area service provider agencies provide and coordinate all the support and resources for eligible participants to keep them as healthy and independent as long as possible in their own neighborhood.
Participants must be:
- at least 55 years of age.
- eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid or have the ability to private pay.
- assessed by DHS AAA as requiring nursing home eligible.
- able to live safely at home with the help of the program.
Contact the DHS AAA SeniorLine at 412-350-5460, toll-free 1-800-344-4319, TTY 412-350-2727 or SeniorLine@alleghenycounty.us to get more information.