Summer Employment Programs for Youth and Young Adults
This program is closed for the 2010 season.
The Allegheny County Summer Employment Program for Youth and Young Adults is designed to assist income-eligible youth and young adults, ages 14 through 24 years, including but not limited to those:
- ages 14 through 17 years, from families with household incomes at or below 235 percent of federal poverty guidelines
- from families receiving TANF, SNAP (food stamps) or other forms of assistance
- living in out-of-home placement
- who are homeless or runaways
- involved with the criminal justice system
- ages 18 through 24 years, with incomes at or below 100 percent of federal poverty guidelines
- ages 18 through 24 years, living in a household with a child, with a household income at or below 235 percent of federal poverty guidelines
- non-custodial parents with incomes at or below 235 percent of federal poverty guidelines
Federal poverty guidelines
Interested persons were invited to complete and submit (address/fax number on pre-application) a pre-application. Pre-applicants were contacted to discuss their interests and were referred to the appropriate program(s).
Interested persons were also able to apply directly to participating agencies. Eligibility documentation was required. Persons were instructed to contact the agency in advance for details.
Agencies participating in summer employment programs with descriptions and contact information
Interested persons are invited to post the Summer Employment for Youth and Young Adults flyer wherever eligible people visit.
Pittsburgh Partnership Youth Summer Employment Program