Job Announcement Description
||$18.6436 per hour
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. A resume is required with the application. All applications must be returned in person or by mail. A resume may not be substituted for an application.
High school diploma or its equivalent AND Two (2) years of experience driving various commercial vehicles (e.g., pick-up truck, passenger bus, water tanker, tractor trailer, bucket truck, tandem hauling lowboy, etc.) Applicants must have a current, valid, PA Class A Commercial Driver's License, with the (L) airbrake restriction lifted prior to appointment. License also must show the following endorsements: (N) Tanker, (H) Hazardous Materials, and (P) Passenger. A copy of the license must be included with the application.
- Operates automobiles, heavy trucks and other vehicles (e.g., passenger bus, water tanker, tractor trailer, bucket truck, tandem hauling lowboy, etc.) in transporting persons and materials to and from various County locations.
- Operates snow removal equipment (e.g., spreaders, plows, etc.)
- Delivers supplies, materials and equipment to County offices, facilities and institutions.
- Performs routine inspection of County roadways.
- Services and makes minor repairs to vehicles.
- May perform manual work including loading, unloading and handling of materials.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- The traffic laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- The geography of Allegheny County
- The methods used in servicing and making minor repairs and adjustments to vehicles and equipment
- Operate automobiles, heavy trucks and other vehicles safety and efficiently in traffic, at construction and disaster sites and under adverse climatic conditions
- Service and make minor repairs to vehicles
- Perform routine inspection
- Understand and carry out written and oral instructions
- Follow policies and procedures of the Public Works Department
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment.
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D