Job Announcement Description
|| Child Care Supervisor
||Shuman Juvenile Detention Center
||$3,485.46 month maximum
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. A resume is required with the application. All applications must be returned in person or by mail. A resume may not be substituted for an application.
A Bachelor’s Degree AND One (1) year experience working with children OR an Associates degree or sixty (60) credit hours AND Three (3) years’ experience working with children. Prior supervisory experience preferred.
Age Requirement: Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Supervises the activities of Child Care Workers; evaluates the performance of Child Care Workers.
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures.
- Ensures the consistent implementation of the organizational philosophy, values, goals, policies, and procedures.
- Ensures and maintains security by observing search procedures, supervising residents, and checking locked doors, etc.
- Monitors and ensures the safety and cleanliness of units and other parts of the facility.
- Assigns newly admitted residents to appropriate units according to established standards and guidelines.
- Monitors resident development records and assists staff in achieving resident development goals.
- Ensures residents’ needs are met; ensures and enhances resident development through active support of programs.
- Performs crisis intervention with residents.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested, including acting in the place of the Chief Supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Delinquent adolescent behavior and juvenile detention
- Standard concepts, practices, and procedures of employee supervision
- Supervise staff and monitor workflow
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, and others
- Perform basic personal computer functions
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment.
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D