Onorato Announces Online Bidding for “Ties on Tour” Fundraiser
Autographed celebrity tie auction benefits Kane Regional Centers
Just a sampling of the "Ties on Tour." Visit the bid page for a link to more photos.
(June 20, 2007)
Allegheny County Chief Executive Dan Onorato today announced the addition of online bidding for “Ties on Tour,” a celebrity tie auction that has been touring Downtown Pittsburgh throughout the month of June. In addition to bidding on the 30 autographed ties at one of the tour sites, people can now bid on the County’s web site.
“We’ve had a lot of interest in this auction, and we wanted to make sure that people who aren’t able to make it downtown could still participate,” said Onorato. “We had a great response from local and national celebrities who wanted to help us raise money for the Kane Regional Centers, including Rod Stewart, Jimmy Kimmel, Jay Leno and Steelers’ Coach Mike Tomlin.”
This week, “Ties on Tour” is located at the County Office Building at 542 Forbes Avenue from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Online bidding is available through the end of the month and can be found under “quick links” on the County web site. The silent auction winners will take home the tie and caricature of the celebrity owner.
All proceeds will benefit the Kane Foundation, which raises private funds to help enhance the quality of life of the residents of Allegheny County’s four Kane Regional Centers and their families. The Foundation helps to fund adult education classes, cultural and sporting events, and pet therapy, among other activities.
The 30 autographed ties and caricatures are from the following celebrities:
- The Honorable Joe Biden, U.S. Senator, Delaware
- The Honorable Robert P. Casey, Jr., U.S. Senator, Pennsylvania
- Bill Cowher, Former Pittsburgh Steelers Coach
- The Honorable Mike Doyle, U.S. Congressman, Pennsylvania
- Dr. Freddie Fu, Orthopedic Surgeon & Sports Medicine Expert
- The Honorable Ted Kennedy, U.S. Senator, Massachusetts
- Jimmy Kimmel, Jimmy Kimmel Live Host
- Bobby Knight, Texas Tech Basketball Coach
- The Honorable Catherine Baker Knoll, Pennsylvania Lt. Governor
- Jimmy Krenn, WDVE Morning Show Host
- Jay Leno, Tonight Show Host
- Kevin McClatchy, Pittsburgh Pirates Chief Executive Officer
- Robert Nutting, Pittsburgh Pirates Chairman
- The Honorable Dan Onorato, Allegheny County Chief Executive
- The Honorable Mark Pryor, U.S. Senator, Arkansas
- The Honorable Luke Ravenstahl, Pittsburgh Mayor
- The Honorable Jay Rockefeller, U.S. Senator, West Virginia
- Jim Roddey, Former Allegheny County Chief Executive
- Dan Rooney, Pittsburgh Steelers Chairman
- Tim Russert, Meet the Press Host
- Ray Shero, Pittsburgh Penguins General Manager
- Max Starks, Pittsburgh Steelers Offensive Lineman
- George Steinbrenner, New York Yankees Owner
- The Honorable Ted Stevens, U.S. Senator, Alaska
- Rod Stewart, Singer
- Andrew Stockey, WTAE-TV Anchor
- Mike Tomlin, Pittsburgh Steelers Coach
- Dave Wannstedt, Pitt Football Coach
- The Honorable Jack Wagner, Pennsylvania Auditor General
- George Will, National Columnist
# # #
The Kane Regional Centers offer residential skilled nursing care and rehabilitation for short-term and long-term needs in Glen Hazel, McKeesport, Ross Township and Scott Township. The Glen Hazel and Ross Centers also offer comprehensive living centers with a spectrum of short- and long-term residential and non-residential services.