County Pools Rules and Regulations
More information: County Pools
Rules and Regs Print Version
- The Allegheny County Department of Parks retains the right to refuse any individual's admission into its facilities.
- Only the facility Manager, Assistant Manager, Head Guard or other supervisory personnel have the right to eject anyone from the pool area or bathhouse who is conducting him/herself in such a manner as to jeopardize the safety of him/her or others.
- Personal conduct in the pool and bathhouse must be such that the safety of oneself and others is not jeopardized. To insure safety, obey the following rules:
- No intoxicating beverages or controlled substances of any kind shall be brought into or consumed in the facility.
- Absolutely no glass containers are allowed in the facility.
- No one except authorized personnel will be allowed in the filtration area, cashier's booth, guard room or private sectors of the concession stand.
- No one is permitted in the guard chairs except the lifeguards.
- No profane, abusive or vulgar language shall be used or be permitted and transmitted on radios.
- Radios will not be played at such a high volume as to interfere with an emergency signal or disturb other patrons.
- Rough, boisterous play or running in the pool area (especially in the shallow water) is not permitted at any time.
- Persons should not spit or spout water in the pool or pool area.
- The following items are prohibited in the pool and pool area:
- Life preservers (even Coast Guard approved) and water-wings. EXCEPTION: Specialized floatation devices for disabled patrons ONLY.
- Beach balls and other related toys (such as footballs, etc.)
- Masks, fins and snorkels
- The wearing of glasses (including sun glasses) in the pool is prohibited, except when using a tight fitting safety strap and shatterproof lenses.
- Leaders of organized groups will assume the direct responsibility of the conduct and behavior of the members of their group while at the pool.
- Children in diapers must wear a protective cover over the diaper.
- Persons with signs of illness or disease, skin rash or sores are not allowed in the pool or pool area unless they present to the manager a doctor's certification proving they are not in a communicable stage.
- Persons with excessive amounts of plaster, adhesive tape or bandages of any kind on their body will not be allowed in the water.
- Only those rafts which are rented from the facility are acceptable for use:
- Rafts are not permitted in North Park Pool or Settlers Cabin Dive Pool.
- Raft users:
- Will not kneel or stand on rafts when they are in the water.
- Will not sit, lay, stand or jump on rafts when not being used in the water.
- Will not jump on or dive through the center of their rafts from the side of the pool.
- Will not drag their rafts along the ground.
- Will return their rafts in the same condition as when they were originally rented.
- Patrons are not permitted to swim in cut-offs.
- No coolers or picnic lunches are permitted in the facility.
- No smoking is permitted on the artificial turf.
- "Lost and Found" articles will be held for two weeks before disposal.
- The facility Management, Head Lifeguard or other supervisory personnel may suspend anyone from the pool violating the rules or jeopardizing the safety and/or pleasure of others.
- Additional rules may be deemed advisable to meet certain conditions for a particular facility.