Vacant Property Recovery Program
The Allegheny County Vacant Property Recovery Program (VPRP) acquires vacant, blighted properties and conveys them to applicants who have developed:
- A concrete reuse plan and
- Demonstrated the capacity to implement it.
Applicants may include individuals, municipalities, community groups, local businesses, and private and nonprofit developers.
Vacant Property Review Committee Meeting
Meeting Reoccurrence: The 3rd Tuesday of Each Month at 10:00 AM
Microsoft Teams Video Link
Conference ID: 516 014 466#
VPRC Meeting Packet
We have 2 programs, each with its own requirements:
Applicant Eligibility Requirements
- Must be current on taxes, water, sewage, and refuse bills on all properties owned in Allegheny County.
- Must not have any outstanding code violations or municipal liens on properties owned in Allegheny County.
Property Eligibility Requirements
Property eligibility will be determined on a case-by-case basis, based upon consideration of a variety of factors related to blight.
- The property must be a vacant lot or vacant structure.
- Have at least three years of tax delinquency and meet any other applicable criteria related to blight.
- Be located in a Participating Municipality.
- Enrollment as a participating municipality is open to municipalities throughout Allegheny County. Municipalities interested in joining should contact us at 412-350-1090 to learn more about the enrollment process.
- May be subject to additional eligibility requirements.
Identifying a Property
Applicants must identify a potential property. The program does not maintain a list of all properties that may be eligible. However, some municipalities may keep vacant property inventories or might otherwise be able to assist you in your search. The Real Estate Website contains property information that may be helpful.
Once you have identified a specific property you would like to acquire, contact us and we will let you know if the property appears to be a potential candidate for the program.
Questions? Call 412-350-1090 or email VPRP@AlleghenyCounty.us.