Dog Park at Boyce Park
In the fenced-in dog parks, located in seven of our county parks, dogs can safely run off-leash, explore, and meet new furry friends.
The Allegheny County Parks Department also offers special events just for dogs such as Pooches in the Pool and Dog Days of Summer.
Dog Park Rules
Download a PDF version of the dog park rules.(PDF, 127KB)
- No swimming pools.
- Dogs must be properly licensed and vaccinated.
- Tags must be visible at all times.
- Dogs must be leashed entering and leaving the off-leash areas.
- Owners must be in verbal control at all times and prevent aggressive behavior, biting, fighting, or excessive barking.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted on the premises.
- Owners are liable for damage or injury inflicted by their dogs.
- Owners must have a visible leash at all times.
- Owners must accompany their dogs at all times.
- Owners must clean up after their dogs.
- Small children and babies must be under close supervision.
- No dogs in heat are permitted in the area.
- Pet owners must refill any holes dug by their dog.
- Dog owners who fail to comply with the above rules may be cited by police and animal control officers.