How to Get a Passport
Monday - Friday
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
The Marriage License/Passport Office is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm and Wednesday's 8:30 am to 7:30 pm October through March.
Note: No applications can be processed after 4:00 pm.
First-time applicants for a passport book or passport card must complete and submit the application in person, along with proof of U.S. citizenship, proof of identity and two photographs. Children’s applications have additional requirements.
The National Passport Information Center
Application for Passport (DS-11)
You may go to the U.S. Department of State Passport Services Office to download the application forms and instructions. However, the application must be presented and signed in person at an authorized passport acceptance facility. We are an authorized passport acceptance facility.
Requirements to Obtain a Passport
Bring the following documents with you:
- A completed Application For Passport (DS-11).
- Proof of United States Citizenship
- If you were born in the United States, you may submit a previous U.S. passport or certified birth certificate.
- If no birth record exists, submit registrars notice to that effect, along with an early baptismal or circumcision certificate, hospital birth record, early census, school, family Bible records, newspaper or insurance files, or notarized affidavits of persons having knowledge of your birth.
- If you were born outside of the United States, submit your previous U.S. passport, Certificate of Naturalization, Certificate of Citizenship or a report of birth abroad.
- Obtaining Pennsylvania Birth Records
- Proof of Identity
You may submit items such as the following containing your signature and physical description or photograph that is a good likeness of you (temporary or altered documents are not acceptable):
- Previous U.S. passport.
- Certificate of Naturalization or Certificate of Citizenship.
- Driver's license (not temporary or learner's permit).
- Government (federal, state, municipal) identification card or pass.
- Two Photographs
- Submit two color photographs of you alone. They must be sufficiently recent and a good likeness, normally taken in the last six months, 2 x 2 inches in size, with an image size from bottom of chin to top of head (including hair) of between 1 and 1 3/8 inches.
- Photographs must be clear, front view, full face, taken with normal street attire without a hat or dark glasses, and printed on thin paper with a plain light (white or off white) background.
- Our office can provide the required photographs for a small fee.
Special Requirements for Children
Each minor child applying for a passport book and/or passport card must appear in person. To submit an application for a child under age 16 and under, both parents or the legal guardian(s) must appear and present the following:
- Evidence of the child's U.S. citizenship
- Evidence of the child's relationship to parents/guardian(s), and
- Parental/guardian identification
If only one parent appears you must also submit one of the following:
- Second parent's notarized written statement consenting to passport issuance for the child
- Primary evidence of sole authority to apply, or
- A written statement (made under penalty of perjury) explaining the second parent's unavailability.