Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
Allegheny County’s GIS Team
We are the manager and custodian of county spatial data. We strive to maintain the integrity of spatial data through thoughtful planning and management of resources and promoting programs, activities, services and facilities for internal departments and external GIS stakeholders.
Our GIS viewer allows users without geographical information systems (GIS) software to view, print, and share spatial data.
Some capabilities of the GIS viewer include:
- Pan and zoom
- Turn map layers on and off
- Display parcel information
- Measure areas and linear distances
- Create your own printable map
- Change the basemap
- Search for an address
The mission of the Allegheny County Geographic Information Systems (GIS) team is to provide spatial data and related services in the most effective and efficient manner possible through a number of internal and external initiatives:
- Promote GIS as a decision support and reporting tool for use across the county
- Foster cooperation with GIS Stakeholders to develop and use GIS as a regional resource
- Reduce duplication of data creation, acquisition and maintenance through cooperative efforts with stakeholders
- Make spatial data available to stakeholders
The Allegheny County Geographic Information Systems (GIS) team acts as the manager and custodian of county spatial data and supporting system infrastructure, software licensing, data management, support services, training, standards, etc. The team is charged with guaranteeing the integrity of spatial data through thoughtful planning and management of resources and promoting programs, activities, services and facilities for internal departments and external GIS stakeholders.
How to Get GIS Data
Your desired dataset may be hosted and downloadable on local Open Data repositories.
You can also purchase the Real Estate Data CD for $50.00 (see the Real Estate Data CD Order Form(PDF, 1MB)), which includes address, ownership, characteristics and tax information for the County's parcels, updated quarterly. For more information about purchasing a Real Estate Data CD, call 412-350-6322.
Click here to view form.