Department of Real Estate
Monday thru Friday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
The Department of Real Estate is the consolidation of the Office of the Recorder of Deeds and the mapping and ownership sections of the Office of Property Assessments. The Department of Real Estate is responsible for:
- Recording documents such as deeds, mortgages, and plans, as well as many other documents.
- Providing access to the public to all recorded documents.
- All phases of the notary process.
- Mapping all properties in the county and their respective addresses.
- Maintaining ownership records on all properties in the county.
In an effort to provide the best services to the public, our office is in the process of updating and adhering more stringently to our policies regarding recorded documents. Please review the pages below for important information.
The recorded documents located in our office are available to the public. It is our goal to provide convenient, efficient and easy access to the information located in this office, but because of the liability factor, we are unable to provide you with information via email or phone. To get more information regarding obtaining copies please go to the Copy Services Page.
The Department of Real Estate is not permitted to give legal advice.