DHS Internship Opportunities
DHS is currently hiring interns for summer and throughout the school year. Interested students may apply for any open internship positions listed at alleghenycounty.bamboohr.com/jobs.
DHS internships are:
- Meaningful, substantive opportunities
- Allegheny County positions
- Full- or part-time
- Of varying, but defined, durations
- Paid: $10/hr for college students; $12/hr for master’s level; $15/hr for PhD
DHS interns are:
- Currently enrolled in higher education
- Attending a college or university in Allegheny County or are legal residents of Allegheny County
- Interested in exploring and contributing to a nationally recognized human service system
- Detail-oriented, creative, enthusiastic, able to balance multiple priorities simultaneously and comfortable working in a team or individually
Internship positions are often available in:
Internships may also be available in:
How to Apply
- Submit an application and cover letter for each/all of the listed positions you are interested in at alleghenycounty.bamboohr.com/jobs
- Indicate in your cover letter the timeframe you are seeking to work
- If your skills and interests match a current DHS project, you will be called for an interview
County employees must work on-site, there is not a remote work option.
If you have questions or comments send an email to DHSInternships@alleghenycounty.us.