SCSC Application Process
State Civil Service Commission Application Process
How to Apply for Future Vacancies in the Allegheny County Department of Human Services
- Select "Open Jobs"
- Then click "Continue to Open Jobs"
- Search for and click on the appropriate job title (some common ones are listed below):
- County Caseworker1 (LG) C&Y (Online Exam)
- County Caseworker 2 (LG) C&Y (Online Exam)
Review the Job Bulletin to get details of:
- The Position (Pay special attention to the bold text regarding applying for a particular vacancy.)
- Description of Work
- Required Experience, Training & Eligibility
- Examination Information
- Supplemental Questionnaire
If you have unanswered questions about salary, benefits and job duties, send an email to the DHS Employment Specialist.
Click on the “Apply” button in the upper right-hand corner of the Job Bulletin page.
You must apply to the online exam and receive a score prior to applying to an Allegheny County specific vacancy posting or you will be deemed ineligible.
Select Create an account if you are a new user
Sign in if you already have a PA state civil service account.
Complete your application one of the following ways:
- Import your résumé
- Transfer your information from LinkedIn
- Upload from a computer
- You may also manually fill in your information
You must attach academic transcripts (unofficial) or you will be deemed ineligible.
- Double check that all the fields are completed correctly.
- Submit your application.
Wait for SCSC to email your test results, this may take up to seven business days. Then return to the website and submit an application for the Allegheny County-specific vacancy posting as outlined in The Position section of the job bulletin.
Wait for DHS to review your test results and qualifications and then to contact you.
If you have unanswered questions about job-related issues, send an email to the DHS Employment Specialist.