Unclaimed Escheat Money

Pennsylvania Law
Pennsylvania law requires that money received by the Department of Court Records, Criminal Division that is not returned or claimed must be escheated, or turned over, to the Pennsylvania Treasury Department after five (5) years.

The Department of Court Records, Criminal Division attempts to identify and locate all monies owed to defendants or any third-parties that posted a bail bond and have not claimed the refunds, and victims of crimes owed compensation by defendants. Unfortunately, we are not always able to identify or locate individuals or businesses that are owed money.

Locating Escheated Funds

Individuals or businesses can:

  1. Contact the Pennsylvania Treasury’s Bureau of Unclaimed Property at 1-800-379-3999.
  2. Search the database of unclaimed property on-line at the Pennsylvania Treasury Department.