Becoming an Approved Visitor
You must register as an approved visitor to schedule a social visit with an incarcerated individual. Previously registered approved visitors will not need to re-register unless they see no inmate listed when they log in on the Inmate Visitation Scheduling website. If that occurs, call 412-350-2413, 412-350-2035 or 412-350-2036.
Requests to be placed on visiting lists for multiple inmates can be made by contacting Chief Deputy Warden Jason Beasom at 412-350-2027.
To register as an approved visitor, call 412-350-2413, 412-350-2035 or 412-350-2036 from 7 am to 7 pm. Potential visitors may also register in-person at the jail from 7 am to 7 pm.
You must be registered two days prior to the date of the in-person social visit.
Be prepared to provide the following information:
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Driver’s license number or other state ID number
If you register in the Jail lobby to become an approved visitor, you will also need to bring a state-issued ID.
Approved registered visitors must sign up for social visits online on the Inmate Visitation Scheduling website.
Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent, grandparent or legal guardian for a visit. The person accompanying a child must present evidence that they are the legal guardian, such as a birth certificate.
It is the responsibility of parents and guardians to have their children under constant supervision. Parents who allow their children to run free may lose visitation privileges.
Who Cannot Visit
- Any current inmate in Alternative Housing
- Any person currently under parole or probation supervision
- Any current or former Allegheny County Jail employee
- Any victim of the inmate
- Any current or former contract employee
- Any active volunteer for Allegheny County Jail (without prior approval)
- Are not permitted to visit for a minimum of one year without pre-authorization from the warden or a deputy warden
- Parents, spouses, siblings and children are exempted from this policy and may visit without pre-authorization